Engineering & Infrastructure Project Manager
I manage the construction of infrastructure to support excellent customer service, whilst providing colleagues with a safe and great place to work. I execute brilliantly by being responsive to operational requirements and adapting the project approach to deliver benefit at the earliest opportunity. I am a person who takes pride in getting things done, but does not compromise on quality. I achieve this by being involved in the detail whilst not neglecting the overall objective. I negotiate obstacles by being resourceful, creative and determined. I work collaboratively with contractors and represent Tesco in a positive light by acting with integrity and professionalism.
Our Customer Fulfilment business is part of the online Grocery market, the biggest growth area for the Tesco Family. It is a dynamic operation with great focus on all aspects of the service we deliver to our customers - we have the scope to directly influence every part of the operation from the point when the customer clicks to confirm their order to the point we are handing it to them at the door be it the layout of buildings, the methods we use or the way we meet our customers in their homes. We are directly working to Serve Britain’s shoppers a little better every day.
- Manage the complete project lifecycle from preparation of business case to establishment of post hand-over support
- Manage project variables on behalf of the project sponsor and stakeholders to a structured methodology
- Develop credible project plans which are challenging but achievable
- Work closely with design and operations to ensure that progress and benefit delivery are clearly communicated
- Work with Procurement to ensure that value from the project sponsors perspective is achieved
- Support the E&I team with ad-hoc tasks and shared goals as necessary
- Pro-actively manage project safety through close working with Tesco Group Safety, Principal Contractors and Principal Designer
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
- Engineering and automation experience in manufacturing or fulfilment environment
- Very experienced in project management across a range of applications
- Strong technical ability
- Demonstrable understanding of the principles of project delivery
- Ability to articulate value from the customers perspective and show how they have influenced to enhance project benefit
We offer excellent benefits that help to make Tesco a great place to work. When you join us you’ll be able to join our Pensions scheme. There are also a variety of excellent share schemes you can be part of, to share in our success.
After 6 months you will receive a Privilegecard, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line.
has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It’s part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work, and we’re proud to have been accredited as one of Britain’s Top Employers again this year.
We're the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities?
With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, we have a vast variety of roles and we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers
Our businesses & size
- We are a team of over 470,000 people in 11 countries
- As one of the world’s largest retailers, we serve 78m shopping trips per week
- Our operations in the UK are the largest within the Group, with over 3500 stores and over 310,000 colleagues.
- We have a variety of business areas from our stores, to a Telecoms business (Tesco Mobile), F&F our fashion brand and a bank (Tesco Bank)
- We are amongst the 4 largest PLC employers alongside Royal Mail, G4S and the Compass Group
We offer excellent benefits that help to make Tesco a great place to work. When you join us you’ll be able to join our Pensions scheme. There are also a variety of excellent share schemes you can be part of, to share in our success. After 6 months you and a family member will receive a Privilegecard, giving you both 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line.