Ocado - Engineering Technician
- Industry Sector:
- Instrumentation & Control Systems
- South East England
Salary: Dependent on experience
Closing date: 31 Jul 2017
Hours: 42 hours per week
Contract type: Full-time
Engineering Technicians play an important part in supporting the operation in our state of the art, automated Customer Fulfilment Centre, providing 1st response to engineering fault conditions, reactive and planned maintenance activities as well as proactive improvement works.
The role will involve:
- Carrying out planned maintenance across the site in an accurate, timely and safe manner ensuring maintenance procedures are followed
- Update records of work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores and training given
- Work closely with manufacturers, suppliers and internal departments in finding ways to improve process and increase machine reliability and performance
- Respond to and diagnose equipment breakdowns, resolving issues and actioning repairs
- Perform daily housekeeping and cleaning duties of equipment
- Analyse data to find solutions to improve MHE performance, providing reports where necessary
- Complete quality inspections to ensure work is completed to a safe standard
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Some technical ability and understanding relating to automation hardware and software would be preferred, but training can be given
- A formal engineering related qualification would be advantageous
- Demonstrable analytical skills with sound problem solving ability
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to impart knowledge effectively to others
- Good organisation skills, able to prioritise
- Knowledge of control systems would also be preferred
- This role involves working at height using a variety of access equipment, so technicians need to be comfortable working at heights
- Please note this role is shift based to support the 24/7 operation of the CFC3
"Ocado has invested over the last fifteen years to create the best grocery e-commerce solution in the world. From our user-friendly mobile interface to our highly efficient automated warehouse technology, we can now offer this best-in-class customer experience and highly efficient end-to-end supply chain solution to retail partners globally. As a solutions business we are entirely focused on helping our partners build winning grocery e-commerce businesses in their markets."
Luke Jensen, CEO - Ocado Smart Platform
Ocado is the world’s largest dedicated online grocery retailer with over 500,000 active customers shopping with us today.
Currently there are three large highly automated fulfilment centres in, Hatfield (300,000 sq ft), Dordon nr Tamworth (330,000 sq ft) and most recently Andover (240,000 sq ft (over 5 floors). We also have many smaller 'spoke' sites dotted across the UK to help us ease distribution and extend our services to as many locations as possible.
The business is already quickly outgrowing our current fulfilment operation and the setup of a fourth highly automated site is well under way. Our brand new 563,000 sq ft Customer Fulfilment Centre in Erith, Kent will incorporate the latest, most advanced versions of Ocado’s FMCG robotics hardware and software.
Ocado Engineering in the leading innovation behind this extraordinary distribution model, encompassing design, development, construction and maintenance. We are looking for the most skilled and experienced staff across all aspects of engineering as well as the best entry level and graduate talent looking to develop their careers.