GE - Senior Bearing Engineer – Drives and Structures COE
- Industry Sector:
- Manufacturing, Production
- All of the UK
Successful candidate will join GE’s Onshore Wind Engineering organization. The role offers design, analysis, supplier qualification, testing and hardware design opportunity focusing on Wind Turbine Pitch bearing systems for utility scale wind turbines.
- Lead projects and teams pertaining to new products, technology, processes and/or field issues with a heavy focus on testing, quality, and reliability of pitch bearings
- Lead design, analysis and testing of pitch bearing systems with a heavy focus on test and validation of design methodology to meet life criteria
- Provide expertise, collaborate on strategy, and execute global bearing testing strategy
- Collaborate with cross functional teams for managing the pitch bearing reliability risks through the product life cycle from manufacture to end of life including activity such as material specifications, validation of specifications, supplier collaboration, verification of field utilization to design assumptions all of which may also include travel as required
- Collaborate, consult and coordinate with GE’s Offshore Wind team to drive best practices between the organizations and share domain expertise
- Work with external parties to research and develop reliability requirements and life calculation methodology used to evaluate bearing fatigue life and reliability
- Support improved analysis methods for components to enhance robustness of designs
- Provide expertise and collaborate on the digital transition to wind turbine bearing design
- Improve design practice rules and documentation for continuous improvement of the rotating parts design team.
- Work to develop, build and execute the necessary tests to validate and prove robustness of component designs.
- Utilize hand calculations, FEA and field data to optimize designs against acceptance criteria and determine root cause of Field Issues
To find out more or apply, please follow the link below.
- Project & Programme Management
- Sales & Business Development
- Support Functions
- Software/Systems/Hardware Design
- and much more.