Harlow Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering Centre
As a College we pride ourselves on the progress our students make and on the career opportunities we provide.
Harlow College is in the top 1% of colleges for vocational and academic progress. This means our students perform better than students studying at 6th form or colleges elsewhere. We have some fantastic links with industry that give our students a head start on the careers ladder. These include:
- Employer Sponsored and Apprenticeship programmes with Stansted Airport, the Harlow Group, Smiths Aerospace (Harlow) and BTL Precision
- Progression opportunities for Higher Apprenticeships and Degrees with GlaxoSmithKline, Anglia Ruskin University and the University Centre Harlow
- Supported internships and links to work for our students with learning disabilities
- Industry standard resources, including salons, restaurants, broadcast facilities, a theatre, recording and multimedia studios, Category C Biohazard Science labs, Healthcare mobility suite and a new purpose built Harlow Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering Centre (HAMEC).
The £11 million Harlow Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering Centre (HAMEC) is a major investment for Harlow and will inspire and train the next generation of engineers. HAMEC focuses on key engineering areas including Advanced Manufacturing, Operational Maintenance, Aerospace and Civil Engineering.
Equipped with state-of-the-art industrial equipment, the Centre will provide technical, professional and Apprenticeship training, as well as industry updating. The new Centre is a major investment for Harlow and will increase the number of skilled engineers and apprentices required not only in the local area but in the region. There are currently over 13,000 vacancies in the Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing sector across Essex.
The College has also gone into partnership with Stansted Airport to develop a flagship Technical and Professional Skills Centre at Stansted Airport. The £11 million Centre at Stansted Airport will be Uttlesford’s first College and will open in September 2018, providing specialist further education tailored to fill skills gaps in STEM subjects in particular but also in specific airport areas including Aircraft and Airport Engineering, Business Studies, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Asset Management, Hospitality and Customer Service. It will have purpose built, industry standard facilities providing training for 500 young people per year.
The College is looking for staff to work in the above mentioned areas as well as:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Electrical and Electronic engineering
- Operational & Plant Maintenance