AGI is based in Poole and was acquired by the Harris Watson group in 2001. The company manufactures a wide range of instruments and systems for the defence and civilian markets worldwide. Products are often destined for continuous and critical use in harsh environments such as at sea, on the battlefield or at busy airport runways.
This highly profitable company employs 126 people and has grown steadily since acquisition to a turnover of £14m.
Working together, teams of qualified staff create high technology products and systems to satisfy the requirements of customers globally. In a world where cradle-to-grave support and turnkey system solutions are becoming the norm, AGI completes the process with a team of customer support engineers. This team provides the logistical support services necessary throughout the life of the equipment, including installation, commissioning, training, documentation, complete spares, support, overhaul and repair services.
- AGI’s Helicopter Visual Approach System, or ‘HELIVAS’ as it is known commercially, combines a large number of visual cueing and flight deck lighting systems to provide naval helicopter pilots with the latest in visual landing aids. The ability to safely operate and recover aircraft at sea, in all weather conditions, during both day and night time operations is essential in today’s modern Navy.
- AGI is pleased to introduce our second generation AGILOG Electromagnetic (EM) Speed Log System (AGILOG 2) following on from the unprecedented success of its predecessor. Developed for use on surface warships and submarines, AGILOG sets the standard for accurate and reliable measurement of a ship’s speed through the water, an essential element in navigation and weapons system integration.
- The Tactical Approach Lighting System (TALS) is a field deployable, man portable, solid state, battery powered lighting system which can provide both infra-red (IR) and visible light sources. Light units can be fully configured and operated via a UHF radio remote control unit up to a typical range of 5km, or configured and operated manually. Illumination is provided over a hemispherical area by LED light sources. In infrared mode the light units are NVG compatible.
- The 1681 is a portable battery powered rugged intrinsically safe ohm meter. It is designed to measure the resistance of electrical bonds and continuity in a wide range of industries. It is ATEX approved by Baseefa for 11 2G EEx ib 11C T4 environments. Six ranges of resistance measurements are available enabling the instrument to measure from 1mΩ to 20kΩ using a 3½ digit LCD display.
- AGI Ltd has developed a Helideck Lighting System to meet a specific requirement defined by the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) who for a number of years, has been seeking to improve the performance of lighting schemes on offshore platforms. The new lighting system has recently been installed onto a North Sea offshore platform, where flight trials are ongoing.