Applus+IDIADA - Graduate Systems Engineer - Electronics
- Industry Sector:
- Automotive, Electrical, Mechanical, Software, Systems
- East Anglia
To join an existing team of software and systems developers working within the automotive industry on a diverse range of exciting projects.
Your role will primarily be the systems elements required for the development of electronic solutions to our worldwide client base.
These applications range from prototype to full production level and include, but are not limited to:
- Time critical, high integrity real-time control systems including engine, gearbox and clutch control units
- Advanced Driver Assistance (ADAS) and autonomous vehicle systems
- HMI systems
- Bespoke Android applications for use in development vehicles
- Internal supporting tools
This role includes all aspects of systems development from requirements elicitation and definition through to verification and validation.
This position is predominantly based in Cambridge, but travel to clients in the UK and overseas will be required periodically.
- Good degree with significant systems engineering content
- Able to demonstrate an active interest in electronic systems found on modern vehicles
- Able to demonstrate confidence in dealing with both co-workers and client team members
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (in English)
- Knowledge and interest of electronic automotive applications
- Willingness to learn automotive specific technologies such as ADAS, engine control, chassis control etc.
- Able to demonstrate the discipline needed to follow formal development processes to ensure the quality of the delivered system
- Able to demonstrate freedom of thought leading to novel solutions
- Expertise in any further languages
- Degree in Systems, Automotive, Aeronautic or equivalent which includes the systems engineering discipline.
Applus+ IDIADA offers design, testing, engineering, and homologation services to fit the needs of the automotive industry worldwide. We have been growing since it was created around 30 years ago. We want to be as close as possible to our clients in order to provide them with the premium engineering services they have come to expect from us.
Our reputation is founded on the expertise of an international team of more than 2,100 engineers and technical experts, our first class facilities, our client focus and a constant drive towards innovation. An international network of subsidiaries and branch offices in 25 countries ensures that customers receive a fast and personalised service. IDIADA is constantly looking for dynamic and proactive people to join our team. We are considered as one of the leading and most creative companies, as well as a reference in the automotive sector. Our focus on staff training development provides a driving force for the constant improvement of our company, enabling us to be a real asset to our clients.
If you are highly motivated and feel passionate about automotive engineering, with us you will get the opportunity to develop your professional career at international level.
- Proactiveness: Control and influence situations in order to achieve the desired outcome.
- Leadership: Attract and develop collaborators to take on delegated responsibility and faithfully carry out their remit.
- Co-operation: Work in a team towards the attainment of common goals.
- Client orientation: Detect the needs of the client, understand them, and satisfy them with appropriate solutions.
- Creativity: Propose new ideas and innovative solutions that respond to any challenges that may arise.
- Passion for work well done: Carry out the requisite tasks perfectly and on time.
We are recruiting a number of roles around the world, all of which can be found on our careers website.