Apply your Engineering skills and experience to inspire the next generation of young people within the areas of Aerospace, Composites, Mechanical, and more.
Weston College's Advanced Engineering Department is going from strength-to-strength and is looking to recruit several new Lecturers in Engineering as it prepares to expand the Department. As a Department, we are looking to recruit enthusiastic and knowledgeable people with an engineering education background. Therefore, if you are a lecturer on a journey to outstanding, then Weston College is the place for you. This is also an excellent opportunity to get into teaching and we positively welcome applications from aspiring teachers. If you have a trade background and the potential to become a lecturer of the future, then we have an excellent 'Trade to Teacher' training programme that would support you to retrain whilst working for the College.
We are looking for aspiring Lecturers that can specialise in one or more of the following areas:
- Aerospace - Aerodynamics, avionics, propulsion, etc.
- Composites - Practical working knowledge and material understanding.
- Maintenance, Mechanical, and / or Electrical.
- Fabrication and Welding - MIG, TIG, MMA.
- Machine Shop Practice - Milling, Turing, Grinding, Fitting, etc.
- Mechanical / Manufacturing.
As post-holder, we can offer you:
- An attractive market rate salary.
- 48 days of holiday leave, inclusive of bank holidays and college closures.
- Training allowance of up to GBP 5k towards teacher training qualifications.
- The Teachers' Pension Scheme (TPS).
This is an exciting time to join, with the Department seeing significant growth in the last three years and having attracted contracts to deliver programmes for Rolls-Royce, GKN, Airbus, and the MoD. Furthermore, the College is Ofsted 'Outstanding', its Higher Education provision is graded 'Gold' by the Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF), and Weston College has recently won the Queen's Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education, one of only two Further Education colleges in the country to be awarded this prestigious honour.
Furthermore, the College is an Investors in People 'Champion' and has been awarded 'Gold' by Investors in People, which demonstrates Weston College's commitment
Weston College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Apply by 25/10/2020