About Ultra Electronics Command & Sonar Systems
Ultra Electronics Command & Sonar Systems (CSS) provides a variety of electronic products for military applications including naval combat management systems, gun fire control systems, electro-optic systems, cameras, data distribution systems and weapon interfacing electronics. In addition CSS has moved into a Prime Contract Management role providing whole platform solutions.
Function of the Role
A Through Life Engineer will support in service equipment, understand electronic circuit designs to implement design changes/modifications, upkeep of reference systems and resolve obsolescence issue throughout the life cycle of the product either alone on a small project or as part of a larger project team.
About the Department
The Through Life Engineering team are responsible for a electrical and electronics team works on a wide variety of equipment that are currently in service with a wide variety of customers worldwide in both the Military and civilian domain. Engineers within the department may get involved in the process of further development and future bids.
The Purpose of the Role:
To support in service equipment, understand electronic circuit designs to implement design changes/modifications, upkeep of reference systems and resolve obsolescence issue throughout the life cycle of the product either alone on a small project or as part of a larger project team.
Responsibilities / Accountability:
A Through Life Engineer will be responsible for:
- The investigation of faults and fault finding.
- Integration of electronic products manufactured by Ultra Electronics. Writing technical reports, specifications and test procedures.
- Provide technical advice to customer or field service engineers via e-mail / telephone.
- Attending Operational Defects (OPDEFs) meetings.
- The management of reference systems.
- Representing the Company in meetings (Internal and External) and providing minutes as appropriate.
- The provision of practical Engineering Support to other activities within UECSS.
- Instil Engineering best practices and processes to enhance engineering excellence and promote continuous improvement.
A Through life Engineer will be accountable for:
- Providing regular and clear technical progress reports to project management.
- Acting as a team player who recognises impact of own performance and behaviour in the wider team.
- Providing a positive image of the company when meeting customers.
See responsibilities above.
This role does not entail any direct supervision responsibilities. However, on occasions this role may include:
- Mentor, Motivate and encourage junior members of the team, to allow their competency level to improve.
- Required to take responsibility as team lead for installation of the Business’ products.
Tools, S/W Packages and Equipment Used:
Standard Microsoft Office Programmes.
Based at any of our 3 sites Loudwater, Greenford or Weymouth.
- Occasional office based with working across all CSS operational sites as required by project demands. Work Away from home for short periods.
- Regular travel within UK and occasionally overseas
- Potential work in confined spaces as required
- Potential in both extreme hot/humid climates and cold weather environments.
- On the odd occasion may be required to work unsociable hours to meet Project Timescales / Customer Satisfaction.
Please quote vacancy code NOV20184770 in your application.
Apply by 16/03/2019