About TRL Technology
TRL Technology is a small to medium enterprise, part of a rich tapestry of other companies which make up L3Harris. What we do matters. In short, we work to make the world safer. No matter where your talents lie, working as part of TRL Technology means you are directly contributing to a more secure society, helping to protect national security and combat evolving and emerging threats around the world.
TRL Technology has circa 300 employees and counting but successfully competes against much larger businesses delivering electronic systems in the fields of electronic warfare and cyber security.
To find out more about what we do in the Electronic Warfare and Cyber Security space, please see our website: www.trltech.co.uk
To get a gist of what we stand for, other vacancies and our comprehensive perks including 25 days holiday, flexible working hours with a 12pm finish on Fridays, healthcare cash plan, 5% pension and access to a benefits portal amongst many others, please take a look at our careers website www.trlcareers.co.uk
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Cyber Security Engineering Department working on our award winning cryptographic products. We remain flexible on the level of role depending on the right individual but are ideally seeking someone with mid to senior level experience.
The Person We Seek
Driven, adaptable, innovative, self-starter capable of quickly assimilating information from a range of sources. Someone who knows what they know and what they don't with the ability to draw upon and collaborate with others from a range of functions. Someone who is keen to make a difference by suggesting improvements, implementing changes and progressing our business.
The Tech You’ll Use
We use a range of different languages to achieve different things; C++ for business logic, C for low level embedded programming, Python for scripting and prototyping and C# for user interfaces. We leverage tools such as Jira, Git, Bamboo, Jenkins, MediaWiki, DOORS and Enterprise Architect. Our operating system of choice is Linux.
Opportunities Available To You
- Learning new programming languages, technologies, methodologies and standards.
- Dedicated and mentored on-the-job training.
- Development of your people management, mentoring and development skills.
- To build relationships with customers.
- Experience undertaking recruitment related activities to continue to grow the team.
- Cross-domain working to develop your skills across different areas of the business.
Your Experience & Skills
- C++ development experience or transferable skills from another object orientated programming language with an ability and desire to learn C++
- Linux application and/or driver development experience within an embedded Linux platform
- Experience of development, testing and debugging on embedded platforms
- Ability to create proficient designs and implement them
- Networking knowledge
- Experience of integrating software and hardware
- Development of element and system level automated tests
- Estimation, planning and execution of work to report progress and deliver projects/work.
- Understanding and application of different software development methodologies throughout the life cycle of a project/product.
- Communication & collaboration skills to work as part of a dynamic development team
- Effective problem-solving
Apply by 31/05/2020