What we do matters. In short, we work to make the world safer. No matter where your talents lie, working as part of TRL Technology means you are directly contributing to a more secure society, helping to protect national security and combat evolving and emerging threats around the world.
We are a small to medium enterprise, part of a rich tapestry of other companies which make up L3Harris Technologies. We have circa 300 employees and counting but successfully compete against much larger businesses delivering electronic systems in the fields of electronic warfare and cyber security.
Our comprehensive perks including 25 days holiday, 5% pension, annual bonus, 12pm finish on Fridays and access to a benefits portal amongst many others.
This role will be based in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire.
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our Engineering team working on a variety of Cyber or Electronic Warfare projects. Reporting to the Systems Engineering Manager, you will act
as either the Technical Authority or the Systems Architect for systems or sub-systems on engineering development programmes, possibly leading a small team of junior engineers.
Where You Fit In
Senior Principal Engineer / Senior Specialist
Principal Engineer / Specialist
The Person We Seek
Driven, adaptable, innovative, self-starter capable of quickly assimilating information from a range of sources. Someone who knows what they know and what they don't with the ability to draw upon and collaborate with others from a range of functions. Someone who is keen to make a difference by suggesting improvements, implementing changes and progressing our business.
The Tech You’ll Use
We use a range of different Systems Engineering development methodologies, standards and lifecycles covering everything from traditional V model to agile and iterative. We leverage tools such as DOORS, Enterprise Architect and Rhapsody with scripting and automated testing using Python, DXL, C++ and C#.
Opportunities Available To You
- Act as the ‘Technical Authority’ or the ‘Systems Architect’ for sub-systems or complete systems.
- Provide technical leadership to the engineering teams and the opportunity to influence the wider business to improve the way Systems Engineering is executed.
- Contribute to the generation of technical proposals, bids and presentations.
- Lead the implementation of design solutions liaising closely with Software, Electronic design and Mechanical design teams.
- Drive the test and qualification strategy for solutions and sub-systems.
- Opportunities to participate in trials, customer demonstrations and onsite acceptance testing in a range of countries worldwide.
- Opportunities to progress to Engineering Management or engineering strategy roles within other areas of the company.
- Experience of leading engineering development projects through most parts of the systems lifecycle from concept definition through to handover to the customer.
- Experience of requirements capture, decomposition and establishing verification strategies for embedded systems.
- Experience of working closely with low level design teams in electronic design, mechanical design and software.
- Some experience of team leadership and/or mentoring of more junior engineering staff.
- Relevant industry experienced in either the Defence, Aerospace or other complex embedded environments.
- Experience in either Cyber Security and/or Radio Frequency (such as Electronic Warfare, Communications or Radar) is preferred, but not essential.
- Ability to capture, manage and decompose system requirements for complex Electronic Warfare or Cyber systems.
- Ability to understand, describe, document and present an abstracted view of a complex system through a variety of media.
- Ability to develop Verification strategies for complex embedded systems.
- Skilled at using DOORS or other similar Requirements Management Tools.
- Knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering through the use of SysML.
- Understanding of Systems Functional Safety through conducting hazard analysis or safety case generation for complex systems to IEC 61508 or other similar standards.
- Understanding of design for reliability, human factors and security.
- Awareness of software design and development, FPGA and Electronic design (digital and RF).
- Good understanding of Project Management and Engineering Management through producing realistic estimates, managing risk and monitoring progress to meet tight timescales.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills.
All of our roles require successful candidates to undergo and maintain a Baseline Personnel Security Standard and/or United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) to obtain a Security Check (SC) without restrictions. In some instances Developed Vetting (DV) is required. Please note that in the event that the required clearance cannot be obtained you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security.
Apply by 31/03/2020