What we do matters. In short, we work to make the world safer. No matter where your talents lie, working as part of TRL Technology means you are directly contributing to a more secure society, helping to protect national security and combat evolving and emerging threats around the world.
We are a small to medium enterprise, part of a rich tapestry of other companies which make up L3Harris Technologies. We have circa 300 employees and counting but successfully compete against much larger businesses delivering electronic systems in the fields of electronic warfare and cyber security.
Our comprehensive perks including 25 days holiday, 5% pension, annual bonus, 12pm finish on Fridays and access to a benefits portal amongst many others.
This role will be based in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire.
We are looking for a Hardware Engineer to join our Electronic Warfare engineering team working on our next generation Electronic Attack and Counter Measure equipment.
Where You Fit In
Engineering Manager / CTO
Senior Principal Engineer / Senior Specialist
Principal Engineer / Specialist
We remain flexible on the level of this position for the right individual.
The Person We Seek
Driven, adaptable, innovative, self-starter capable of quickly assimilating information from a range of sources. Someone who knows what they know and what they don't with the ability to draw upon and collaborate with others from a range of functions. Someone who is keen to make a difference by suggesting improvements, implementing changes and progressing our business.
The Tech You’ll Use
We undertake a wide range of component-level design in the development of our Electronic Warfare products. This typically includes high performance RF transceivers and power amplifiers operating from DC to 6GHz, high-speed signal processing and DC-to-DC power supply sub- systems. We use SPICE, electromagnetic and signal integrity simulators alongside Mentor Graphics tools to capture designs. A variety of custom test solutions and RF test equipment are used to verify circuit performance.
Opportunities Available To You
- Develop deep technical skills through the use of latest technologies.
- Work within multi-skilled teams to develop your knowledge across disciplines.
- Experience working on complex systems throughout the product lifecycle.
- Understanding of electronic components used within software-defined radio systems e.g. microprocessors, FPGAs, CPLDs, high-speed data converters, RF transmit and receive signal chains etc.
- Collaboration with support functions and wider engineering disciplines e.g. software, firmware, PCB and mechanical engineering.
- Understanding of engineering product lifecycle stages.
- Know how to plan and prioritise work to meet team objectives and deadlines.
- RF, digital and/or analogue circuit design, simulation, implementation and verification.
- Integration and test of PCB assemblies and systems.
- Communication and collaboration.
All of our roles require successful candidates to undergo and maintain a Baseline Personnel Security Standard and/or United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) to obtain a Security Check (SC) without restrictions. Please note that in the event that the required clearance cannot be obtained you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security.
Apply by 31/03/2020