Aerosystems Engineer Officers manage the design, maintenance and operation of the RAF's cutting edge aircraft and supporting technology.
As an Aerosystems Engineer Officer you'll be a leader, as well as a technical decision maker, responsible for the availability and airworthiness of the RAF’s aircraft and support equipment.
You will be provided with many professional and personal development opportunities, together with the chance to work around the World, gaining unique engineering experiences in the process.
As well as RAF training packages and courses linked to outside professional bodies, we actively support individual study programmes at every level. You could have opportunities to take Masters' degree courses, either full-time or part-time.
The career also offers numerous opportunities for continual professional and personal development including fast-track opportunities to Incorporated and Chartered Engineer.
Roles, responsibilities and opportunities include:
- Provide engineering management for RAF aircraft, ground equipment and mechanical transport maintenance worldwide.
- Overseeing the safety of munitions and other explosive materials.
- Setting, influencing and maintaining air-safety policy and direction .
- Paid Masters’ Degree study; professional registration and accreditation with the IET, RAeS, and IMechE.
- Time off (paid) to play sport and undertake adventurous training all of which are heavily subsidised.
Apply by 08/11/2019