Communication and Electronics Engineer
Posted 223 days ago Apply by 08 November 2018
Engineer Officers (Communications Electronics) are responsible for the RAF’s vast array of information technology, communications services, satellite communications, air defence RADARs and the latest generation of aircraft engineering and mission support systems.
As an officer, you will be a leader and a manager responsible for a team of highly trained technicians; and you will likely oversee an IT budget – traditionally one of the largest accounts on unit – early on in your career. As you progress through your career you will work with many of the partners that the RAF must be able to communicate with to deliver air power, in support of operations, all over the world. This will include liaising with or working alongside the Royal Navy, Army, Other Government Organisations, Industry Partners and as part of a multinational coalition force (e.g. NATO).
The career also offers numerous opportunities for continual professional and personal development including fast-track opportunities to Incorporated and Chartered Engineer.
Roles responsibilities and opportunities include:
- Head of IT and communication infrastructure for Main Operating Bases (up to approximately 5000 users).
- Cyber security expert within the Joint Cyber Unit.
- Change Project Manager for multi-site and multi-classification Information systems and services.
- The planning, provision and delivery for assured deployable information services worldwide.
- Delivering and supporting engineering and mission information systems for the latest generation of RAF aircraft.
- Paid Masters’ Degree study; professional registration and accreditation with the IET, RAeS, IMechE and BCS.
- Time off (paid) to play sport and undertake adventurous training all of which are heavily subsidised.
Apply by 08/11/2018
Aerospace & Avionics, Defence, Electronics
Minimum Degree Grade Required
Applicant needs to be eligible to work in the UKYes