Ocado Engineering works on extremely competitive commercial timescales. We pride ourselves on taking two years to deliver what our competitors can only dream of doing in ten. We work with the top consultancies and design houses in the UK and beyond– and our desire to achieve exacting standards and push the boundaries of innovation means we’re expanding our own capabilities too. We completed our first commercial deal – with UK grocery retailer Morrisons – in 2013 and have recently signed an exclusive deal with Kroger in the United States.
If you’re excited by the idea of being part of a supportive team working in a fast paced creative environment, where you’re empowered to solve technical challenges, this is for you. If your ambitions are as great as ours, come and be part of the team. Be the next wave of innovators and engineers defining the future of online retail logistics at Ocado Engineering.
Some of your responsibilities could involve:
- Setting up analytical analysis processes using statistical process control (SPC) and Six sigma approach to preventative maintenance systems
- Engaging with engineering teams on Root Cause Analysis and solutions
- Technical auditing for good quality maintenance
- Managing improvements on specific automated mechanical handling equipment (MHE)
- Harnessing and controlling feedback from shift teams to create a continuous improvement environment
- Setting up “LEAN” initiatives similar to 5S and total quality management (TQM)
- Reacting to MHE breakdowns (both mechanical and electrical), locating the fault, analysing the issue and completing the fix in a timely manner to keep operation downtime to a minimum
- Increasing machine reliability on existing and new equipment, diagnosing equipment breakdowns and action repairs ensuring direction of labour and planned engineering activities fully support the operation
- Analysing data and finding solutions to improve equipment performance whilst ensuring safe working practice and full communications are maintained at all times
- Salary £26,000
- Ocado pension scheme with company contributions of up to 7%
- Private medical insurance
- Free Ocado shares awarded each year
- Optional share schemes
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with three years' service
- Additional holiday purchase scheme
- Life Assurance of up to three times your annual salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 15% off your shopping at Ocado.com
- Staff discount on the Ocado destination sites Fetch, Fabled and Sizzle
- Discounts at Cineworld, Buyagift, Prezzo, Chimichanga, Vodafone and many more!
- 2:2 or above engineering degree within the following disciplines: Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics, Automation
- Strong interest in applied engineering
- Strong organisation and communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplined team of varying levels of technical experience
- Must be flexible to work shift patterns, including days, nights and weekends
- Highly motivated and proactive team player
- Self-sufficient and confident at putting ideas forward
- Adept at planning and organising yourself to meet tight deadlines
Right to Work
You must have the right to work in the UK for the full duration of the programme (18 months), be flexible to travel whilst on a placement and be fluent in English.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Apply by 31/01/2019