Engineering Technician - Ocado's Customer Fulfilment Centre, Dordon
Posted 5 days ago Apply by 31 December 2019
As an Engineering Technician with Ocado, you will undertake the day to day reactive and planned engineering maintenance activities and improvement works at the Dordon Customer Fulfilment Centre on MHe such as conveyor networks, lifts, cranes, belts, etc.
Day to day duties will include:
- Reacting to MHe breakdowns (both mechanical and electrical), locating the fault, analysing the issue and completing the fix in a timely manner to keep operation downtime to a minimum.
- Keep accurate records such as work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores, etc.
- Work closely with other departments to find ways to increase machine reliability on existing and new equipment, diagnose equipment breakdowns and action repairs ensuring direction of labour and planned engineering activities fully support the operation.
- Analyse data and find solutions to improve equipment performance whilst ensuring safe working practice and full communications are maintained at all times.
- You will also be involved in projects within the business to develop an effective engineering install and commissioning.
What do we need from you?
- A formal qualification in an electrical or mechanical engineering subject (apprentice served, NVQ, HNC or equivalent)
- Strong electrical experience preferable within a FMCG environment.
- Knowledge / experience of working with controls, analysing faults and providing solutions.
- Experience of both reactive and preventative maintenance
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software.
- Strong organisation and communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplined team of varying levels of technical experience.
What will I get in return?
- Job security in a rapidly growing Company
- Holiday entitlement = 248 hours which equates to 20.5 shifts
- Holiday purchase scheme - buy 3 extra days tax/ni free
- Pension - Ocado matches up to 7% of pay
- Genuine career development in the UK
- Training and technical development
- Share schemes
- Free shares issued annually
- Buy as You Earn - buy shares through your wages (tax and ni free)
- Share Save (SAYE) - offered annually
- 15% off Ocado, Fetch, Sizzle and Fabled
- Refer a friend scheme = £500 - £1,000
- Fabulous subsidised restaurant with our famous £1 cooked breakfast!
- Life Assurance - 3 x basic salary
- Online access to GP via Axa Digital GP app - for employee and family
- Employee Assistance Programme with 8 free counselling sessions
- Heavily discounted onsite company shop with up to 70% off - meat, fish, ready meals, snacks, fruit, vegetables, bread, cupboard items, household
- Free uniform
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin (Theme Parks/days out), Cineworld, Enterprise car hire, Prezzo, Buyagift
- Neyber - Affordable loans and free financial education
Due to the site being a 24/7 operation, the shift pattern you will be working will include days, nights and weekends.
Our Engineering Team work 12 hour shifts with an average of 42 hours per week, were you will be required to work both days and nights on a panama shift rotation. This will also include working weekdays and weekends from either 7am - 7pm or 7pm - 7am.
Apply by 31/12/2019
Minimum Degree Grade Required
Applicant needs to be eligible to work in the UKYes