Posted 304 days ago Apply by 13 April 2019
We are seeking an experienced Site Engineer with Civils and Water experience to join the team in various locations (Leeds, Peterborough, Blackburn, Midlands, Wales)
- To perform a technical, organisational, and supervisory role on construction projects.
- Responsible for marking out sites, levelling out, surveying the site, applying designs, and plans and liaising with sub-contractors
- To check drawings and quantities and ensuring the calculations are accurate for the work
- To oversee the selection and requisition of materials and plant for use on site
- To liaise with any consultants, sub-contractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and general workforce involved in the project
- To write detailed reports
- To resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and any other problems that may arise
Experience and expertise required
- Appreciation of civil engineering design and construction – particularly earthworks and setting out
- IT skills – particularly Excel.
- Communication skills – to be able to communicate with site and office based staff regarding technical issues, in a friendly and helpful way.
- Self-motivated and above all a team player; displaying a medium/long term commitment to learn, share and contribute to the team
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Competent in 2D AutoCAD.
- Ability to work off own initiative
- Basic competence in 3D AutoCAD.
- Familiar with import/export of data between GPS, CAD and LSS
You must hold a driving licence to apply for this position
Apply by 13/04/2019
Construction, Hydrology, Petroleum, Oil & Gas, Site
Minimum Degree Grade Required
Applicant needs to be eligible to work in the UKYes