Graduate Test Engineer
Posted 26 days ago Apply by 31 March 2020
The Test Engineer will take on a team position in ETL’s growing Test Department. The role will be involved in RF & microwave equipment test and diagnostic work.
Working as part of team of Engineers whilst working in partnership with other business areas.
- Responsible for RF & microwave module and equipment testing (including environmental, electrical tests and diagnostic work)
- To work closely with the Test Team Lead to improve test automation and diagnostic tools
- To undertake Factory Acceptance Tests and on an occasional basis to prepare test reports.
- From time to time visit customers for technical support or for the commissioning of systems.
- To interact with other departments, most importantly Production and Engineering teams.
- To liaise with the Design Engineers and Assembly teams to define test fixtures and advise on improvements where applicable.
- Testing units to various departmental standards and following company procedures.
Competencies required for the role
Essential (E), Desirable (D)
- Strong Microsoft experience (E)
- Good understanding of RF test parameters and equivalent (E)
- Engineering or technical degree or equivalent (D)
- Manufacturing knowledge of RF components (D)
- Good prior experience and electronic equipment testing (D)
- Sound understanding of key performance parameters with good knowledge of how these are measured (D)
- Experience and knowledge in the testing of passive and active RF microwave modules and equipment (D)
- Awareness of communications/satellite industry/technologies (D)
- Experience in RF circuit design and system analysis (D)
- Experience in test automation and diagnostics (D)
- Background in LabVIEW or similar test aids (D)
- Ability to work effectively to meet scheduled development goals and deadlines (E)
- Excellent communicator (E)
- Report writing, data capturing and analytical skills (D)
- Ability to use with a good understanding of Visual Basic (D)
- Team leadership experience with the ability to motivate and engage team members (D)
- Proven troubleshooting experience of RF systems (E)
- Professional business attire (E)
- Professional and approachable manner (E)
- The ability to develop excellent working relationships (E)
- Team player who is self-motivated (E)
- Positive, confident and enthusiastic attitude at all times (E)
- Organised with excellent time keeping (E)
- Flexible and adaptable to fast paced changing environments (E)
- Commercially minded (D)
Apply by 31/03/2020
Minimum Degree Grade Required
Applicant needs to be eligible to work in the UKYes