Location: South Oxfordshire
Salary: £25,499 to £29,999 (Discretionary range to £34,499)
This role will support the Radio Frequency (RF) Group with testing of components, manufacture of cables and equipment, maintenance, design and development, collection and presentation of data analysis.
- Contribute to the overall work of the RF Group with particular responsibility for certain aspects of the RF systems, including; Ensuring that a good supply of RF connectors, splitters, cables and other RF components are available and in good condition; Characterisation and calibration of a variety of RF components; General spares holding and stock check of all components; Manufacture and assembly of test equipment and auxiliary systems;
- Responsible for providing Operating instructions and training as requested by Group Leader or line manager but including systems assembled and tested in 1 above;
- Contribute to the general commissioning, system calibration, system set-up and other studies related to the RF systems;
- Assist in the drawing up of manufacturing and test specifications;
- Assist in the design and build of ‘in house’ test equipment;
- Assist in the development of RF equipment as required;
- Work closely with other members of the RF Group on RF, electrical and mechanical areas and projects;
- Supervision of procurement contracts including witnessing of factory tests;
- Supervision of Contractors and Technicians;
- To carry out additional tasks and responsibilities as nominated by the Line Manager or Group Leader subject to appropriate knowledge, experience and training;
- Comply with, and where appropriate contribute to the development of, Diamond Health and Safety procedures and policies;
- Contribute/Responsible for ensuring safe working practices, relating to the maintenance and operation of the amplifier systems. This includes developing procedures and monitoring that people are working safely;
- Flexible approach to the working conditions, working hours and environment.