Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people strong active in over 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues.
Within the UK the buildings engineering sector is one of Arcadis growing markets. Our UK Team continues to add to their impressive list of project awards and recent successes have seen them secure some of the UK’s most high profile, complex and stimulating projects to complement their existing portfolio of works. The new schemes are diverse and technically complicated and cover the retail, education, commercial, residential and transportation sectors.
As a result of this continuing success, we are now keen to significantly grow our Buildings Team in Birmingham. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and successful team that is growing rapidly. Successful candidates will be rewarded with a rich diet of interesting and challenging projects, and an opportunity to develop their careers with a growing and successful global engineering consultancy.
Some of the major projects you will be involved in include but are not limited to:
- Design of Jaguar Land Rover Technology HQ
- Large scale retail development in London
- Design of educational facilities across London
- Strong experience in the structural design of buildings
- Considerable experience in the Property / Buildings industry, including supervising aspects of a project of significant scale
- Experience of working on projects in a professional services environment
- The ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner with good understanding of commercial aspects of a project
- A passion for engineering excellence, and a desire to embrace new and innovative thinking
- Good motivation, influencing, people management and delegation skills
- Outstanding communication skills and demonstrable presentation skills
- Client facing skills and experience
- Flexibility to travel throughout the UK and abroad when required
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will provide technical support into a variety of projects within the property environment. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
You will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of project-related tasks to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all facets of Arcadis’ services during interfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines, contributing towards the achievement of the divisional business plan and to build networks within the industry.
We will ensure that we offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industry recognised Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Performing required activities associated with projects (investigation, analysis and design) in line with project requirements
- Preparing and registering all relevant documentation and design reports and ensuring that all documentation is accurate
- Maintaining on-going communication with relevant Project Leaders/Team Leaders and clients
- Contributing to the resolution of technical issues on projects and providing technical guidance to other team members
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Reviewing completed engineering work to ensure accuracy
- Gaining awareness of and familiarity with, the commercial aspects of projects to develop commercial skills
- Acquire knowledge and practical skills to continue your professional development
- Developing innovative and entrepreneurial thinking and behaviour
- Building a profile in the industry and keeping up-to-date with innovations and developments
- Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
Remuneration & Benefits:
At Arcadis we believe in rewarding our staff for their commitment and endeavours and we have designed a flexible benefits package that we feel will suit all of our team. You will receive a basic salary that will match your skills, experience and requirements, coupled with:
- Pension matched up to 8%
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Annual Leave
- Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
- Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Additional Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Tax Free Share Purchase Scheme
- Long Term Service Awards
- Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
At Arcadis, we trust our teams to create their own work-life balance. It means we always welcome people who want or need a flexible career. We’re proud of the diverse ways of working that thrive in our community as a result.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Apply by 15/11/2019