Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people strong active in over 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues.
Within the UK the Rail engineering sector is one of Arcadis growing markets. Our UK Team continues to add to their impressive list of project awards and recent successes have seen them secure some of the UK’s most high profile, complex and stimulating projects to complement their existing portfolio of works.
We have an enviable reputation and track record in the delivery of some of the UK’s most prestigious and challenging infrastructure and building projects. We work on behalf of Transport for London, Local Authorities, Government agencies, Major Contractors and Developers, etc. throughout the UK to deliver design services from inception through to the project completion.
As part of the strategic growth plans and the recent project awards, we are seeking to recruit a number of Senior / Principal Electrical Building Services Engineers with a proven track record in the control and delivery of a wide range of building services projects to be based in our London or Croydon office.
Reporting to the Associate Technical Director, you will be responsible for developing the technical solutions for assigned projects ensuring successful delivery. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, you will have an opportunity to gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects e.g. rail, education, residential, commercial, which will enhance your design skills and technical knowledge.
You will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of projects to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all facets of Arcadis’ services during interfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines.
We will ensure that we offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career and give you the best possible chance of success.
- Undertake electrical building services design on UK and international projects with a good understanding of regulatory requirements and relevant standards
- Undertake technical tasks in accordance with the company’s quality, safety and project management/engineering procedures and controls
- Preparation of calculations, technical reports, specifications and drawings
- Delivery of allocated technical assignments including LV distribution, cable management system, energy metering, lighting and control, earthing and bonding, sustainable technologies and renewable energy systems, etc
- Inputs to the formulation of technical proposals and their presentation to potential clients
- Accountable for the effective delivery of the assigned tasks and deliverables of Projects to time, to the required quality and budget
- Maintain good relationships with client’s key representatives, and contribute to the marketing / networking of the company to potential customers
- Contribute to the overall team development and growth through strategic inputs, skill development and mentoring intermediate and graduate engineers
- Manage and plan your work and deliverables while working on multiple projects to meet the expected delivery milestones
To be considered for a role, we are seeking candidates with calibre who possess the following credentials:
- Proven electrical building services engineering design experience in design consultancy environment
- Be a competent user of office IT and design software tools i.e. AMTECH, Dialux, etc and working knowledge of AutoCAD / REVIT
- Experience in integration of renewable energy sources within the building LV distribution system
- Good working knowledge of legislation, British Standards, European standards and international standards
- Capable of planning work and deliverables while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Good report and specification writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with clients is essential
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be willing to be mobile, travel within the UK and abroad for project related work when required
What Do We Offer?
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- BEng/BSc Degree in Electrical / Building Services Engineering, MEng / MSc preferred
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) or be able to prove progression towards achieving the status
Apply by 15/11/2019