The Exciting Opportunity
If you are a Hydrogeologist who wants a career that plays to your strengths, keep reading. Join our team as Senior Consultant and you will discover a culture focused on helping you flourish as a professional. It is intended that the role will offer the opportunity to progress your career as your experience grows.
Overview of Role:
Supporting the hydrogeology team with the delivery of a range of hydrogeological projects including civil dewatering design and slope stability assessments, and environmental impact assessments. The preferred location is Manchester to support the Principal Hydrogeologist in post.
- Plan assigned project work and allocate work to ensure timely delivery and effective utilisation of resources
- Work collaboratively with other sectors/disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design or solution
- Monitor the performance of team members and subcontractors, identifying and ensuring the resolution of any issues
- Review and quality-assure project outputs (e.g. documentation, reports, specifications) to ensure that they meet or exceed client expectations and Arcadis requirements and comply with national standards and codes of practice
- Develop effective working relationships with the Project Director or Manager and with the client and ensure effective communication of progress and changes and the resolution of issues
- Coach, guide and provide technical advice to junior team members, to support them in their delivery on the project and in their professional development
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of the services delivered by Arcadis, of the client’s business and the industry sector to facilitate personal networking and to consolidate personal and company credibility in the industry
What You have to Offer:
- MSc qualified in hydrogeology or similar
- Professional experience and proven track record of consultancy work including civil dewatering design and data interpretation.
- Ability to work both within a small, dispersed hydrogeology team and larger multidisciplinary teams in order to deliver projects to tight deadlines and budgets.
- Commercial & technical risk awareness.
- Proficient in standard MS Office 365 software packages.
- Familiarity with UK hydrogeology and regulatory regime.
- Clean driving licence
- Proficient with a variety of numerical modelling packages such as SEEP/W, FEFLOW
- Chartered Geologist
Arcadis is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of planning, design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. Arcadis differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that collectively generate a revenue of €2.5 billion. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.
Arcadis UK incorporates the legacy Hyder and EC Harris brands and continues to grow both organically and through acquisition.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic, team focused work environment with roles and responsibilities that will both challenge and reward the successful candidate. Our local focus and global reach; alongside our attention to education provide an excellent platform for career progression. There will be a great deal of responsibility and endless opportunity for positive impact to accompany the competitive remuneration package that will reflect the seniority and importance of the role. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
- Highly competitive salary
- Matched Pension, up to 8%
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
- Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
- Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
- Flexible Benefits Scheme, including Cycle to Work
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
Apply by 15/11/2019