The Exciting Opportunity
If you’re looking for a role as a River Modeller and wishing to develop your career and are ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on. Join our utilities team in Birmingham, Bristol and Cardiff as a River Modeller and we’ll make sure you get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go.
Our Utilities team is involved in some of the UK’s most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. We have an enviable reputation in the delivery of such schemes and are working closely with the Environment Agency and some of the UK’s most established and recognisable utilities companies, undertaking a vast array of projects to enhance the UK’s water and utility services.
- Setting the technical direction for modelling studies and flood risk project
- Produce and lead flood risk assessments
- Supporting, developing and line managing junior modelling staff
- Resolving technical modelling issues on projects
- Carrying out technical reviews of hydraulic models
- Preparation of project proposals / bids / fee estimates
- Managing components of projects, taking responsibility for own resource and potentially resource allocation of others, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Ensuring compliance in the components of the project for which you have responsibility, including drawings, reports, specifications and studies
- Building relationships with clients on projects
- Gaining experience in commercial aspects of projects (contract, invoicing, debt management, client management etc.) relating to projects for which responsible
- Liaising with the Project Director or Manager and the client
- Providing input to project team, leading by example to achieve sector goals and championing quality and innovation.
- Assisting and participating in developing yourself and other team members to their full potential
- Gaining experience of and being familiar and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and promoting a culture of awareness within the team
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager
What you have to Offer
We are seeking to recruit a Senior/Principal River Modeller, to be based in our Birmingham, Bristol or Cardiff,office, working within our established Flood Risk team. In addition to leading the development of flood models for the Environment Agency, Canal and River Trust and other prestigious clients, you will be required to undertake Project Management duties, liaising closely with the client and increasing Arcadis projects by maximising trade-up situations.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Degree in appropriate analytical discipline (e.g. Civil Engineering, Environmental Science)
- Preferably a further degree in e.g. Engineering Hydrology, River & Coastal Engineering, Water Resources Technology
- Chartered with CIWEM or ICE
- Fluvial modelling experience using ISIS / TUFLOW / ESTRY / FLOOD MODELLER PRO
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to manage commercial aspects of projects
- Ability to lead and carryout Flood Risk Assessments and an in-depth knowledge of UK flood risk policy (NPPF and TAN15)
- Experience of Surface Water Management Plans and SuDS
- Experience in water resource assessments, undertaking Environmental Impact Assessments and preparing Environmental Statements
- Line management experience
What Do We Offer?
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
At Arcadis, we trust our teams to create their own work-life balance. It means we always welcome people who want or need a flexible career. We’re proud of the diverse ways of working that thrive in our community as a result.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Apply by 15/11/2019