We make it happen
Managing large infrastructure and capital construction projects valued at over £5 billion per annum.
Internationally recognised for programme and project management.
Rhead Group is a global programme and project management business, leading projects on behalf of clients in the energy, defence and infrastructure sectors. Our experienced, intelligent and flexible approach delivers effective results for our clients.
Rhead Group was started by Alan Rhead in 1985 from his home in the midlands providing quantity surveying services. Almost 30 years later the company has grown in size and scope, employing 700 specialists working in offices in the UK, Australia, the UAE and Singapore.
From National Grid to the MoD, we provide a balanced yet innovative approach to construction, management and maintenance programmes through the lifecycle of an asset from the concept and planning stage.
Rhead Group is a leading provider of consultants that specialise in:
- Programme management – planning, governance, programme and project management and assurance, as well as risk, resilience planning and project controls throughout the project lifecycle.
- Project engineering and construction management – specialist engineering, health and safety, environmental, sustainability and design assurance.
- Commercial services – procurement and contracts management, financial, training and dispute resolution.
- Critical asset protection – security risk assessments, scope and specify a security solution to meet the risk profile.
- Information solution – common data environments, document management and Building Information Management systems.
Rhead Group helps energy suppliers and distributors, rail and road developers, the MoD and defence equipment manufacturers explore every avenue for lowering costs, time and resources on their major asset projects whilst minimising risk and uncertainty.
Drawing on almost 30 years of international experience in delivering major capital asset programme, our team helps organisations achieve regulatory compliance and cost savings through the delivery of tailored and effective solutions that deliver tangible benefits.
Recognition of our Achievements
- Queen’s Award for Enterprise for International Trade 2014
- Consultants of the Year 2014, New Civil Engineer and Association for Consultancy and Engineering Outstanding Achievement Award
- Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award (Midlands) – Nigel Curry CEO – now put through to the UK Award 2014
Energy and Power
Rhead Group’s Energy and Power business provides a project management throughout the project lifecycle, including asset management and engineering assurance for energy suppliers, network providers and distributors.
Over the last 10 years we have been involved in:
- The design and build of ten gas compressors and many 1000s of kilometres of transmission pipelines in the UK
- Managed Integrated Security Solutions for National Grid increasing security and making substantive capital maintenance savings.
- In Australia we have supported over 1000 kilometres of pipeline throughout the lifecycle from planning and scheduling to commercial, construction and maintenance.
- In the UAE we are project managing the first carbon capture and storage project for MASDAR.
- Providing Engineering assurance to offshore Renewable asset owners
- Delivery of integrated security solutions for our network clients
We also help organisations put in place appropriate data management structures, such as Building Information Management (BIM) to support the seamless delivery of energy to consumers.
World class safety standards are at the heart of all that we do and we’ve achieved over five million hours work on major capital energy projects without a single lost time incident (LTI).
Rhead Group’s Defence business helps clients to deliver complex projects throughout the acquisition and maintenance cycle. Our people have a wealth of experience in MoD related work, and have a deep understanding of the operational and programme management requirements of customers such as the MoD, Rolls-Royce and BAE Systems.
We are a trusted and highly experienced reviewer of major UK Defence programmes and have considerable experience in leading and supporting a range of major programme reviews such as Integrated Baseline Reviews, Demonstration Reviews and programme Surveillance Reviews).
The combined experience of the team includes leading and supporting over 200 assurance reviews across the MoD and industry.
We are also a leading project management training provider to the UK defence sector and have provided:
- EVM (Earned Value Management) control account manager training to major industry prime contractors such as BAE Systems and BAE Submarines.
- Planner development programme to General Dynamics, including the design and management of a formal project controls assessment centre.
- EVM training for over 500 MoD personnel through their training academy
Infrastructure – Nuclear, rail, road and complex facility construction
The Infrastructure team has the expertise to help clients and contractors in the transport and nuclear sectors to meet the UK’s huge programme of replacement, new build and refurbishment. Experienced consultants help organisations with all aspects of infrastructure programme and commercial management including:
- Major scientific research facility project management. Project managed commercial issues and on site works for the Channel Tunnel Rail Link Phase II
- Provided project control capability for nuclear installation refurbishment and new build projects.