The Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS)
The Royal Aeronautical Society is the world's only professional institution dedicated to the entire aerospace community. Established in 1866 to further the art, science and engineering of aeronautics, the Society has been at the forefront of developments in aerospace ever since.
WHAT WE DO?
- Promote the highest professional standards in all aerospace disciplines
- Provide specialist information & act as a central forum for the exchange of ideas
- Play a leading role in influencing opinion on aerospace matters
A GLOBAL AND DIVERSE MEMBERSHIP
As a multidisciplinary organisation, there is a place within the membership for anyone working, or interested, in the aeronautical, aviation and aerospace sectors.
The Society's membership profile is drawn from a diverse range of organisations and fields of expertise including engineering, design, aircrew and air traffic control, along with professions that serve the aerospace, aviation and space industries, such as law, finance, marketing and recruitment.
If you are passionate about this diverse industry, then we have a membership grade for you!
The RAeS is a licensed body of the Engineering Council, accredited to award the professional qualifications of Chartered Engineer (CEng), Incorporated Engineer (IEng) and Engineering Technician (EngTech). Registration is open to all engineering professionals who can demonstrate competence to perform professional work to the necessary standards.
WHY BECOME A MEMBER?
Membership of the Royal Aeronautical Society provides many benefits:
- Demonstrate your professionalism through the use of internationally recognised post-nominals
- Interact with a global and local network of 18,000 members in over 60 international branches
- Enhance your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) through our leading conference and lecture programme
- Apply for professional registration through the Engineering Council (EngTech, IEng and CEng)
- Access to a wealth of information through our online resources including the AeroSociety Podcast, monthly publications and the National Aerospace Library
- Influence the profession by participating in our diverse specialist interest groups
- Use of the Airbus Business Suite and Members Bar in central London
- On-going support throughout your career with our free careers guidance and centennial scholarship fund
- Fellows and Companions of the Society are also eligible to apply for affiliate membership of the RAF club
If you need any other advice, please send an email to email@example.com or telephone +44 (0) 207 670 4355.